Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Teen Contemplating Vegetarianism Asks For Advice?

Hello Friends, seeing as many here are advantaged in the experience of vegetarianism, and its beneifits and pitfalls, i would ask upon your behalf some advice for myself who is contemplating becoming a strict vegetarian.





I wish to follow a strict vegetarian diet, devoid of all animal products, for the sake that it greatly benefits the practice of Chastity. From my experiences, Chastity is difficult indeed, not by lack of self control, but by impurity of the digestion and body, thus making Chastity negated due to involuntary emissions, caused by animal foods purportedly.





The staples of my diet would be: Dense grains, oats, wheat, perhaps rice, then legumes, and then nuts and seeds, and then fruits and vegetables, followed and finished by fats, as oils, avocados and the like.





I have long studied nutrition, what the body needs, the macro nutrients and micro nutrients, in the right amounts and proportions, so I am acceptably educated on the subject of nutrition. Yet, no amount of education can replace advice from experienced individuals, as yourselves. If you would kindly give all the advice you would on a teenager, sixteen years of age, becoming a vegetarian, preferably strict, then do post please.





The best to you all, Your Friend.A Teen Contemplating Vegetarianism Asks For Advice?
Well, since you know a lot already, I guess I don't need to tell you much. I'll just give you a few warnings. I'm a fifteen year old vegetarian, and I've been one for nine months now.





It's not a problem to get the vitamins and minerals that you need on a veg*n diet, you just have to be sure you're paying close attention to it. Don't focus on only some and neglect others. I did that. I paid more attention to protein and now I'm lacking in iron.





So, just be sure to pay attention to your diet. Exercise and stay active. Try to get your blood tested every now and then to be sure that you're okay. And trust me, people will be annoying and ignorant about your choices, but it's best to just ignore them and avoid conflict.





Have fun :]A Teen Contemplating Vegetarianism Asks For Advice?
Pay strict attention on the foods that make up a complete protein. Your body needs protein and to provide this you need to combine these in the proper ratios. You can do serious damage to youself if you do not properly educate yourself on what foods combined make up a complete protein and the ratio needed to do this.
those staples should be fine. If you play sports or are very active, I would experiment a bit and take it slow. I play sports and when I went vegan, my performance dropped like a rock. I craved meat all the time because that was my main source of protein.. eventually, my body realized I wasn't going to give it meat and got used to all the beans and grains. Your body does need to adjust, especially if you're active.
If you are changing over from a meat diet and junk food, be warned that you will experience quite a bit of gas at first, this will pass after your system builds up the proper enzymes needed to break down the veggies and grains.


this will be one of the best things you ever did for yourself, besides maybe building a relationship with the Christ.
The best thing I can tell you is to eat a varied diet. Don't eat the same things day after day. As far as combining foods to create complete protein that has pretty much been debunked as long as you eat the complementing protein within a few days you will be fine. Another grain you may want to check out is quinoa it is a complete protein and very nice.
I had a good laugh at your question. Diet has absolutely nothing to do with sex drive either eating meat or no meat makes zero difference to a teenagers sex drive. Its all to do with hormones!
Enjoy the wholesome goodness of carrots and you'll be fine. Carrots are a vegetarian staple and they will cure most ailments.
Eat lots of dark vege's and spinach to keep you're iron levels up.

No comments:

Post a Comment