Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Advice for soon to be teen mother?

So here is my sad story. I have just found out that I am over two months pregnant and I am only seventeen. My parents practically disowned me when I told them about it so their is no hope from them, and my boyfriend is just starting college this fall and says he isn't going to through his life away on his high school girlfriend and a baby that might not even be his. (Which is ridiculous because he is the only person I have ever been with, he just doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions).





I am not going to have an abortion, it is not and will never be an option. And I have medical problems that make it practically impossible to get pregnant (which is how I got pregnant because we didn't use any protection because my OB/GYN said I would never be able to conceive). So I refuse to give my child up for adoption because he or she maybe the only child I ever have, the baby may have come at a bad time but he/she is a miracle!





I have just started college and don't want to drop out. Of course I will have to take spring semester off when I have my baby but then I want to go right back. I have a minimum wage part time job but I know that wont be enough to take care of my baby. I need help but don't have anyone. I would love to hear some advice from other mothers, exspecaly teen mothers or former teen mothers. I need both emotional encouragement and financial advice.





Thanks in advance!Advice for soon to be teen mother?
Welcome to single parenting. Would be nice to have some help, but you are the less fortunate. Sorry. Continue school. There are government programs that can help you with housing and food. Use the system til you can get on your feet and not need it anymore. Don't let people talk their crap, most have never had kids so they have NO clue. Just try to be the best mom you can be. You will be fine. You are not the only single parent out there. Good LuckAdvice for soon to be teen mother?
Have you gone to Services in your area for help? They can provide financial and medical help for you. Also, there is the WIC program that will give you vouchers to provide milk, cheese, eggs, and later on formula for the baby. Have you tried talking to your ex boyfriends parents? They may be willing to let you stay with them. GOOD LUCK AND STAY STRONG !
i just turned 20 and i had a friend in school that had a kid and all i can say is love your child and even if it does not seem like it your child is one of the best things that will ever happen to you, well if u need someone to talk to you can chat with me
What do you think is best for your baby? I believe if you search your heart, you will realize that allowing a loving couple to adopt him or her is the best decision here.
look sweetie, you have NO IDEA what being a mother is about. moms love their babies at all costs, and your parents will come around. I promise that once that little peanut is born they'll be proud grandparents. I suggest you live with them while going to community college and get grants and loans as much as possible. You want your child to be able to pick you out of lineup.





I suggest putting college off until the child is in school. S/he needs someone to love and take care of him. That's supposed to be you, not someone making minimum wage with a million other babies to care for. You'll never get that opportunity to care for your baby back, and you'll regret that a lot more than you regret not going to college right away. Or who knows what you will regret (sex without a condom?)





Who is going to take care of your child while you are in school and working? There are issues here about life that you are clueless about and you can't just think you're going to be able to do it on your own.





Contact Child Care and Management Services in your area to help get on a waiting list for day care assitance. Know that those wait lists can be very long, though. Same for food stamps and all that (and on the behalf of working, responsible Americans, thanks for taking advantage of the taxes we pay. I believe in welfare for those who live life responsibly -- I'm happy to contribute to them, but I'm not happy about what you've done.) Get on WIC





Get top grades and apply for scholarships. Get a job. Get a lawyer and a paternity test, then sue for child support. He HAS to help you before us taxpayers do, we never even got to sleep with you. Not that we'd want to, I'm just pointing out the obvious injustice.





Good luck.
My mom had the same exact thing happen to her, when she had me. One thing, is to complete college no matter what the cost. That was one thing my mom didn't do. Now she's stuck in a hotel barely living day to day. Second, find a trusted babysitter. I understand to a degree, because my ma wasn't supposed to be able to conceive (ovarian cysts because she was given the dosage of birth control a 400 pound woman should have had when she was 120 lbs.). My father was active in my life, and always has been. If you find someone who loves you and your baby, and is wiling to care for it as his own, that's a plus. I'm not saying use him, I'm just saying good men are hard to find. I wish you and your baby girl or boy the best. And I'm sorry you were abandoned at such an important time.
Well, did you know that single mothers are encouraged to stay in school so much that the school (or other outside sources) will often give them grants to go to school for free, and also extra money to live on? Seriously, look into that. I know you have a lot on your plate and I am so sorry that your family and your boyfriend reacted this way to you. You do not deserve to be treated that way.


I would like to commend you for staying in school and working hard. You are a very good person and I am sure that this baby is much better off with you than with anyone else at all.


But look into getting student loans or grants that can help you support yourself. Often the loans do not need to be paid back until you are out of school.


Try to stay in school as hard as you can. I am sure that plenty of people will be willing to help you out as far as babysitting goes.


Once again, I am very sorry that this had to happen to you:( But I am glad that it happened to you instead of someone else who couldn't handle it. I hope that everything works out well for you and that you and your baby are very happy:)
Although, you may not want to, you can probably get financial assistance from the county that you are in and medical help also. If your parents are going to cut you off from financial support, then apply for financial aid for college and even if you have to get loans as well, it will be worth it to get your education so you can support your baby.





Immediately after the baby is born, file for child support. It will take a while to get it, but you will be paid retroactive from the time that you filed. He may have a choice to not be with you, but he doesn't have a choice to pay child support.





You are doing the right thing by continuing with school. Hang tough and enjoy your miracle!!!
Well obviously your medical problems have NOT made it impossible for you to get pregnant, as you currently ARE pregnant so there you go.





Since no one is either able or willing to help you - child's father, your parents, etc. - I strongly suggest that you give this baby up for adoption. Chances are better than good that you WILL indeed be able to have another baby, but the timing for this child just could not be worse and if you are to have any chance at all for a good life, and if you want a good life for the baby, you will take this into consideration, and let good people who will love this child beyond measure adopt him/her.





No, your minimum-wage job will NOT be enough to support you and your child, and life will be incredibly hard for you and the child, what with your parents' unwillingness to help you.





Rather than have the child raised in a home where it is not wanted - ex. your parents' home - give the child a home where it will be loved and cherished.





Your boyfriend is going to abandon you, esp. with the way he is acting right now. He is not happy about this, your parents are not happy about this, and you are not happy about this.





A child deserves better - give the child up for adoption.





You can select the child's adoptive parents, interview them, and they will HELP you financially with the costs associated with your doctor appointments, clothes, prenatal vitamins, and the like.





Just give it some thought, and do what is best for your baby, it's not just about you and what you want any more, it's about the baby now, and you have to think about that before you even consider what you want for yourself.
I'm sorry to hear about your parents and how they have chosen to handle this. As you mentioned this might be the only child that you are able to have and I would hope that they could see that you need them most right now. If you can look into your college for help with housing and any aid that you might be able to receive from them, also find out how you can go about getting assistance from the father, he might feel as if he's throwing his life away but he does have a responsibility to you for fathering a child, I would wonder as well if his parents even know about any of this. Keep your faith and look for as much help as possible...best of luck to you and your baby
  • natural make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment